Golf Course

Glen Oak’s 18 hole, par 72 golf course is renowned for its immaculate grooming and smooth, brisk greens. The first nine opened in 1953, with a second nine holes added in 1961. The course architect was James Harrison, who was trained by and worked under Donald Ross, and designed many courses in Pennsylvania and throughout the country. It features 5 tees, gold (championship), blue (men’s), white (senior men’s), red (ladies championship), and green (ladies).

The course crosses public roads 6 times, and extreme care should be exercised at each crossing. In order to maintain the exceptional course conditions we enjoy it is vital that all players adhere to cart regulations, replace divots, repair ball marks, and rake the bunkers after playing from them. Any specific questions regarding these topics should be addressed to the professional staff, who will be happy to provide clarification or instruction. A copy of the local rules for play is appended to this document. All players are urged to familiarize themselves with them.

Midsummer, the course opens at 7 AM on weekends and 7:30 weekdays. Starting times in the “shoulder” seasons are later, and are dictated by prevailing conditions. On occasion, course openings are delayed by frost.

A nice look at hole #9.
 
 
Another look at hole #9.
 
 
A great view of #7 green